FOR RESIDENTS OF UDACEBA
External rotation should not be confused with the optional rotations. The latter are generally performed in the second year of residence and in centers and services that belong to the teaching unit.
Optional rotations most requested by residents of family medicine are:
To realize this, the resident must contact the center or service of his or her interest and apply directly.
External rotations are those training periods, authorized by the Autonomous Community, carried out in schools and devices not covered in the training program or the accreditation granted to the school or Teaching Unit (RD183 / 2008 Art. 21).
- No more than one month at the expense of elective rotations during the years of residency in R3 R4.
- External rotation applications will get a better external assessment when they will develop competences of the program and not the new ones not present in the program specialty.
- The resident had at least an Outstanding in the last annual assessment.
- Applications must be submitted a minimum of two months from the start of external rotation.
- Guard duties can be made in the Teaching Unit if possible geographically. If the receiving center offers guard duties, they can be performed during the rotation and not in the Teaching Unit.
- Management of the center of origin expressly agrees to continue to pay the resident all of their remuneration, including those arising from the continuing care that could make during external rotation.
- Preferably carried out in accredited centers for teaching or prestigious foreign institutions.
- In the case of external rotation in any foreign centers, the director of studies in collaboration with the tutor will care to ensure the suitability of the center for training purposes and to ensure that the documentation to prove, if needed.
- Not considered as external rotations those performed in the rural centers external to the Teaching Unit.
Documentation that must be sent to the resident doctor Teaching Unit
- Institut d’Estudis de la Salut properly completed Form (Form: Annex 1, Annex 2 and Annex 3).
- Acceptance of the center.
- Acceptance of the conditions of the resident’s stay in stating that knowledge of the costs (travel, accommodation ….) at their own expense (form).
- Acceptance of the resident to request health insurance, accident, repatriation, etc.
- Acceptance of the guardian in relation to the achievement of the objectives to date training (Appendix 2).
Documentation that must be sent to the resident Teaching Unit at the end of the sta
- Report of activities.
- Stay Certification of the resident at the center / service.
- Rotation evaluation sheet filled out by their head during the resident’s stay in the center or recipient service.
- Rotation evaluation sheet filled out by the resident.
Source: Rule of external rotation of Teaching Units in Catalonia Family and Community Medicine
FOR RESIDENTS OUTSIDE UDACEBA
For Spanish residents
Residents from any other state Teaching Unit may make a request by email to UDACEBA Secretariat Teaching Unit (email@example.com), specifying: dates of the rotation center or service preference and goals to be achieved with the stay.
Once received, the application will be transferred to the meeting of the Teaching Committee for approval. Requests must be made at least 2 months before the requested date.
For foreign residents
Foreign residents who are interested in doing any external rotation in centers UDACEBA may make a request by email to ACEBA Secretariat Teaching Unit (firstname.lastname@example.org), specifying: dates of the rotation center or service preference and goals to be achieved with the stay.
Once received, the request is transferred to the meeting of the Teaching Committee for approval.
It is essential, after approval by the Teaching Committee, the resident may make formal application to the Ministry of Health. This application must be submitted between a maximum of six months and a minimum of 3 before the date of rotation.